XV Web Integration
Apteryx XV Web is a web-based imaging application. You must activate the service with XV Web before using the integration in Open Dental.
To activate the bridge, see XV Web Bridge.
To save images to a patient's Images:
- (Optional) Create a new Image Category to save XV Web images to.
- Go to Setup, Definitions, Image Categories.
- Click Add
- Give the XV Web folder a name.
- If you would like to view thumbnails in Chart Module, check the box for 'Show in Chart Module'.
- Click OK.
- Set specified folder as default by going to Setup, Program Links, XV Web, Image Category.
- Change setting for Save Images to 'yes'.
- If Save Images is set to 'no', the image will exist as a download, but will not allow editing or manipulation from the Images Module until manually imported into the database.
- Open Dental will automatically retrieve a list of available files through XVWeb, but will not automatically download them. You must still download images you would like to store in Open Dental.
- In the Chart Module, images will show as downloaded thumbnails. If double clicked, a full size image will be downloaded.
If an error occurs during initial setup, verify username and password in the Program Link setup.
If you save an image to Open Dental by copy/pasting or importing, it will appear twice.
This feature will work more efficiently in offices that have a high speed internet connection. If you recieve any errors, try refreshing the Images Module or Chart Module and try again.