There are several ways to schedule an appointment.
New Patient or Patient with No Scheduled/Unscheduled Appointments
- In the Appointments module, double click anywhere on the schedule, or click Make Appt.
- Select the patient. Double click on the patient to open the Edit Appointment window.
- Highlight the procedures to add to the appointment:
- Click on a procedure to highlight/unhighlight it.
- Click Attach All to quickly highlight all listed procedures with a single click.
- Use the Quick Add list of grouped procedure codes to quickly add common procedures. These can be customized in Definitions, Appt Proc Quick Add.
- Click Add to select a procedure from the Procedure Code List.
- Verify other appointment details. See Edit Appointment for a detailed explanation of all options.
- Click OK.
If the window was accessed via clicking on the schedule, the appointment will show in the operatory on the clicked on date/time.
If not, the appointment will be sent to the Pinboard.
- If on the Pinboard, drag the appointment to the desired date, time, and operatory on the schedule.
Patients with a Planned Appointment, a scheduled appointment, an unscheduled appointment, or a Recall due
- In the Appointments module, double click anywhere on the schedule, or click Make Appt, Make Recall, or Fam Recall. The Appointments for 'Patient' window will open.
- Click a button to schedule the appointment:
- Copy to Pinboard: Copy the selected appointment to the Pinboard for scheduling.
- Entire Family: Send a Recall appointment for each family member, with necessary procedures, to the Pinboard.
- Schedule Recall: Send a recall appointment for the selected patient, with the necessary procedures, to the Pinboard.
- Create New Appt: Open the Edit Appointment window to schedule a new appointment.
You can also schedule appointments from these areas:
When procedures involve multiple appointments