After a Conversion: Payment Plan Totals
During a Conversion we may not be able to convert payment plans from a prior software. If we do convert the payment plans, run the query for Conv - Payment Plan Totals, then combine the total with the Aging of A/R report (including negative family balances) so you can compare balances between Open Dental and your prior software, thus ensuring that the A/R came over correctly.
- In the Main Menu, click Reports, then User Query.
- Click Favorites.
- Single click on the query Conv - Payment Plans Totals then click OK to run it.
- Click Print Preview to show a total amount.
- Add the total balance to the Aging of A/R report balance (including negative family balances) to get the total A/R as calculated in Open Dental.
- Compare this total balance to the balance in your prior software. If it is not the same, there may be an A/R error. Contact the Open Dental conversion team to try and resolve the issue prior to the final conversion.