EHR: Reconciling from an Imported Summary of Care
When you receive a summary of care file (ccd.xml file) from another provider, you can electronically reconcile a patient's medications, allergies, or problems. Open Dental will automatically compare the patient's Medication List, Allergy List, and/or Problem List with the items listed in the summary of care file and make recommendations.
To reconcile medications using a paper document instead see Reconcile Medications from a Paper Document.
2. Highlight the provider from whom the document came, then click OK to select. To add a new referral click Add. The referral must be marked as "Is Doctor".
3. Summary of Care files that have already been received list as line items under Received.
3. At the bottom of the window, click Medications.
4. Compare the patient's current medications with those imported from the Summary of Care. Open Dental will automatically make recommendations and list them under Reconciled Medications.
5. When you are satisfied that the medications under Reconciled Medications are accurate, click OK to finish the reconcile and update the patient's Open Dental Medication List. Any medications that were reconciled, but didn't already exist in the Medication Master List (RxNorm), will be added to the master list.
Allergy and Problem Reconciliation
Open Dental Software 1-503-363-5432