EHR Annual Provider Keys
In versions 14.2 and greater, an annual EHR Provider Key allows a provider to access EHR Measure Calculation reports. Provider keys are tied to the first and last name of the provider and to the reporting year. Provider keys are supplied by technical support once an EHR contract is signed for the current year. Annual keys replace Quarterly Keys.
How provider keys are entered is dependent on the version of Open Dental you are using.
Annual EHR provider keys can be managed from a central location beginning in version 14.3. When you Update to version 14.3, provider keys already entered in Open Dental will be transferred automatically.
1. In the Main Menu, click Setup, Chart, EHR.
2. On the EHR Setup window click Provider Keys.
3. Click Add to enter a new key, or double click to edit.
4. Enter the information supplied to you from technical support.
- Last/First Name: These names must exactly match the provider's name on the EHR contract, which should match the provider's name in the Provider List.
- Year: Enter the last 2 digits of the reporting year.
- EHR Key: Copy and paste the key provided by technical support.
5. Click OK to save.
To enter annual EHR provider keys:
1. In the Main Menu, click Lists, Providers.
2. Double click on a provider to open the Provider Edit window.
3. Next to EHR Key, click [...]. This field will only be visible if EHR is turned on in Show Features.
4. Copy and paste the EHR key provided by technical support into the EHR Key field.
5. Click OK.