Invoices show selected procedures and adjustments and must be created by patient account.
- Once attached to an invoice, the same procedures and adjustments cannot be attached to a new invoice.
- Printed and emailed invoices are saved as PDFs in the Patient Account and Statements image category of the Image Module.
- To reprint, resend or view double click on the invoice number in the Patient Account.
- For super family invoices, see Super Families.
Create an Invoice
- To create an invoice, select specific procedures and adjustments in the Account Module. Click the Statement dropdown and select Invoice.
- The options below show for an invoice. Change as needed.
Click View to preview the invoice. If a PDF has been created, View will preview the PDF. If no PDF exists, View will preview the Fill Sheet window.
- Date: Defaults to today's date.
- Sent: Automatically checked once the statement, invoice, or receipt is printed or emailed. It
can also be changed manually.
- Hide payment options: Automatically checked to exclude amount due, date due, amount enclosed, credit card payment section, and aging information. If unchecked, the entire family balance will reflect in the amount due field which may be different than the invoice total.
- Single patient only: Informational only and cannot be changed.
- Only show transactions since last zero balance: Cannot be used with invoices.
- Send to Super Family: Informational only and cannot be changed.
- Invoice: Always checked and cannot be changed.
- Invoice number: Automatically created and cannot be changed.
- Note: By default shows the Invoice Note set in Billing Defaults.
- Bold Note: Shows in bold red above and below the procedure grid.
Click Print to send the invoice to the default Printer.
Click Pat Portal to send the invoice to the Patient Portal.
Click Email to email the invoice as a PDF. See Send Email.
Click OK to generate the invoice without saving, printing or emailing the PDF.
If the Mode is changed on an existing invoice, a new PDF is created.
The following differences apply to users in other countries.
- New Zealand and Australia only: The title is "TAX INVOICE".
- All foreign countries: If an invoice is printed multiple times, copies will have the word "COPY" in red at the top. To print the invoice again without the word "COPY", uncheck the Sent checkbox and the Invoice Copy checkbox, then print again.