Set up PayConnect (a single set of credentials)
Below are instructions for setting up a single set of credentials for PayConnect. If using Clinics, you can set different credentials for different merchant accounts. See Set up PayConnect for Clinics instead.
- Open the PayConnect Setup window. There are three options:
- (first credit card transaction) On the Payment window, click PayConnect.
- In the main menu, click Setup, Program Links, PayConnect.
- On the Payment window, right click on PayConnect, Settings.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Select the default payment type for PayConnect transactions. Customize options in Definitions - Payment Types.
- Enter the Username and Password supplied by PayConnect. Passwords are case sensitive.
To use a credit card terminal for EMV transactions, check Enable terminal processing. The Download Driver button will display. Click to download and install the terminal driver (VeriFoneUSBUARTDriver_Vx_184.108.40.206_B5.zip). An internet connection is required.
- Note: this password is typically the same as the password for ClaimConnect if you are using that service.
Once the driver is installed, contact PayConnect for additional setup instructions.
Recurring charge list force duplicates by default: By default, duplicate charges to the same card, on the same day, for the same amount will be denied. This is to prevent accidentally charging a card twice. Check this box to allow duplicate charges on the same card by default. Used if family members have recurring charges setup on the same credit card.
To set the default setting for storage of credit card tokens, see Account Module Preferences, 'Automatically store credit card tokens'.