Enter a Patient's Check, Cash, Non-Credit Payment
The process of entering a payment can vary depending on the Patient Payment Preferences you have set up. These steps assume you are allocating pay splits to procedures and provider.
In the Account module:
- Select the procedures and click Payment or just click Payment.
- Enter the payment amount.
- Prefer this patient: Check this box to prioritize the patient's oldest outstanding charges when suggesting pay split allocations. Uncheck to suggest pay splits allocated to the oldest outstanding charges for the whole family (not necessarily the patient's). Only visible when there are multiple family members.
Note: This check box defaults to prefer this patient if procedures were selected prior to clicking payment.
- Click OK. The Payment window will open.
- Clinics: Verify the correct Clinic is selected.
- Check #: Enter the Check number if applicable.
- Payment Type: Select a non-credit card Payment Type.
- Current Payment Splits: Verify that paysplits are allocated to the correct outstanding charges (patients, procedures, providers, clinics and/or unearned income type). If procedures were selected prior to clicking payment, the paysplits will be allocated to those procedures.
- To allocate the payment to super family members, check Show Super Family Charges then select a charge and pay or add partials to create the paysplit.
To modify a modify a paysplit, double click it. See Changing Paysplit Allocations.
To add a paysplit, click Add Split.
- Click OK to post the payment to the patient account.
Note: Payments allocated to procedures for multiple family members will post to each patient account.