Enter a Patient's Check, Cash, Non-Credit Payment
The process of entering a payment can vary depending on the Patient Payment Preferences you have set up. These steps assume you are allocating pay splits to procedures and provider.
In the Account module:
- Click Payment.
- Enter the payment amount.
- Prefer this patient: Check this box to prioritize the patient's oldest outstanding charges when suggesting pay split allocations. Uncheck to suggest pay splits allocated to the oldest outstanding charges for the whole family (not necessarily the patient's).
- Click OK. The Payment window will open.
- Clinics: If using Clinics, make sure the correct clinic is selected.
- Check #: Enter the Check number if applicable.
- Payment Type: Select a non-credit card Payment Type.
- Current Payment Splits: Verify that pay splits are allocated to the correct outstanding charges (patients, procedures, providers, clinics and/or unearned income type).
- To modify a modify a pay split, double click it. See Edit Pay Splits.
- To add a pay split, click Add Split.
- Click OK to post the payment to the patient account.
Note: Payments allocated to procedures for multiple family members will post to each patient account.