Voice Controlled Perio Charting
Perio charts can be recorded via voice commands in English, using Universal Tooth Numbering.
the Chart module, click Perio Chart.
- Click the microphone icon to start recording (under the Delete button).
- Use the following list of voice commands.
- "Add perio exam": Add a new exam.
- "New perio exam": Add a new exam.
- "Copy previous exam": Copy the previous exam.
- "Zero through nineteen": Available probing depths.
- "Mark bleeding": Mark selected site as having bleeding on probing.
- "Mark calculus": Mark selected tooth surface as having calculus.
- "Plaque": Mark selected tooth surface as having plaque.
- "Suppuration": Mark selected site as having suppuration.
- "Backspace": Move cursor back a space and clears the newly selected cell.
- "Left": Move cursor left.
- "Right": Move cursor right.
- "Delete": Delete selected item.
- "Go to tooth <say number 1-32> facial": Move cursor to selected tooth on facial side.
- "Go to tooth <say number 1-32> lingual": Move cursor to selected tooth on lingual side.
- "Probing": Move cursor back to probing .
- "Check triplets": Check the box for "Triplets".
- "Uncheck triplets": Uncheck the box for "Triplets".
- "Triplets": Toggles the box for "Triplets" either way.
- "Skip tooth <say number 1-32>": Skip selected tooth.
- "Skip current tooth": Skip currently selected tooth.
- "Mucoginigival junction": Move cursor to record MGJ.
- "Furcation": Move cursor to record furcation.
- "Mobility": Move cursor to record mobility.
- "Gingival margin": Move cursor to record gingival margin.
- "Plus <say 1-9>": Add depths greater than 9.
- "Stop Listening": Pause listening. Useful when you need to chat with patient.
- "Start Listening": Start the listening. Used to restart listening after having paused it.
- "Stop giving feedback": Turn off system from repeating measurements.
- "Start giving feedback": Turn system back to repeat measurements.
- Click the microphone icon to end recording.
Hardware and Requirements
Any microphone or headset that is recognized by Windows will work with voice perio charting.
Voice controlled charting using other programs
Perio charting can also be controlled by voice using third party programs. Below are known solutions.
Dragon Naturally Speaking
Error: Unable to initialize audio input. Try plugging a different microphone into the computer.
Solution: No microphone was recognized by the computer. Check your windows microphone settings.