Task preferences let you customize global task settings, local computer default settings, and set up task inboxes.
In the main menu, click Setup, Tasks.
Inbox Setup: See Create Task Lists and User Inboxes.
Show legacy repeating tasks
- Checked: The repeating task list tabs will show in the Tasks Area. Checking this box will disable reminder tasks.
- Unchecked: Repeating task lists do not show.
This is checked by default if repeating tasks existed prior to updating to 16.3. Otherwise the box is unchecked by default.
Always show task list
- Checked: The Tasks area will be docked at the bottom or to the right
of the screen in all modules. The Local Computer Default Settings will be enabled.
- Unchecked: The Tasks area can only be accessed via the Manage module, Tasks.
New/Viewed status tracked by individual user
- Checked: Users can independently mark tasks as viewed/not viewed without affecting others. This is useful when task lists are used heavily. For any User Inbox, the new message count applies to the user the inbox is assigned to, not the currently logged on user. For all other task lists, the new message count applies to the currently logged on user only.
- Unchecked: The new/viewed status will be the same for everyone.
Show open tasks for user
- Checked: The Open Tasks tab will show in the Tasks area.
- Unchecked: The Open Tasks tab will not show in the Tasks area.
Default to sorting appointment type task lists by AptDate Time: Set the sort order for Tasks Lists that have an object type of 'appointment'. To change this setting for the current user only see Tasks Area, Options button.
- Checked: Task lists that have
an 'appointment' Object Type will sort tasks first by the attached appointment's date and time, then by all other object types.
- Unchecked: Tasks lists that have
an 'appointment' Object Type will sort tasks by the task creation date and time.
Local Computer Default Settings
These options will affect the current workstation only.
Don't show on this computer:
- Checked: Tasks lists will not show on this computer.
- Unchecked: Tasks lists will show based on the global setting for Always show task list.
Dock Right / Dock Bottom: Determines where the Tasks area is docked when set to show in all modules.
- Dock Right: The Tasks area will be docked on the right side of the screen. Enter an X Default value to set the default location of the vertical splitter.
- Dock Bottom: The Tasks area will be docked across the bottom of the window. Enter a Y Default value to set the default location of the horizontal splitter.