Integrated Texting - Sign up
To sign up for Integrated Texting, use the Signup Portal or contact technical suport. To access the Signup Portal, the eConnector must be installed and the logged-in user must have the Security Admin permission.
To use the eServices Signup Portal:
- In the main menu, click eServices, Signup.
- The Basic View tab is active by default when there is only one location.
- The Advanced View is active by default when there are multiple locations.
- Hover over Integrated Texting to view service terms and details.
- Country Code: Click the dropdown and select the country the practice is in. Per message fees vary by country.
- SMS Warning Amount: Enter the amount (per clinic) to spend on outgoing text messages per month (in U.S. dollars, minimum $1.00). If you reach this amount, you will be unable to manually send text messages until the amount is increased or a new billing cycle begins.
This amount does not apply to or stop automated eReminders, eConfirmations, or Web Sched Recall text messages.
This is a per-clinic amount that applies to every clinic. Example: If $20 is the amount and there are three clinics, each clinic has an amount of $20, but the total amount will equal $60.
- Check the Integrated Texting box to enable the service.
If in Advanced View, check the box for each clinic you want to enable it for.
The Total amounts will update to reflect the new charges.
- Click Save to save settings.
If you receive a message that a number cannot be issued, contact technical support.
Monthly Warning Amounts (Texting Limits): Sending text messages too quickly (e.g. more than one every second) may cause Open Dental to exceed the monthly texting amount without warning the user. Open Dental is not responsible for any fees an office or clinic may accrue in this manner.
Unsubscribe from Texting
To unsubscribe and disable the service, uncheck the Integrated Texting box in the Sign up Portal and click Save. The checkbox status will change to 'pending stop' (a square) indicating the eService will be stopped after the next bill date. Click the Info box in the upper right to see the Next Bill Date.