Open Dental is easy to use, and you may start using it right away, but it may take a few weeks or more to understand all of the basic features well. The following training resources are available to help you.
Webinars are free online training seminars moderated by Open Dental Trainers and open to participants across the globe. Free initial training is available at any time via the recorded or live Open Dental Basics Webinars. Other free webinar topics are also available. See Webinars for a list of topics and dates, and to register. Refer to a getting started checklist for initial setup information that should be entered before participating in a webinar:
- Setup Checklist.pdf: For users who are starting with a blank database.
- Post Conversion Checklist.pdf: For users who have had a Final Data Conversion.
Training is available via recorded and live Webinars. Customized online training is available at $50/hour.
If you would like to have on-site training by a qualified trainer, your
entire staff can quickly gain the proficiency they need. This is especially
helpful for offices with little or no previous computer experience.
The trainer will walk you through multiple situations
and provide lots of one-on-one help. The more computers you
have set up, the more effective the experience will be. To request a training, please contact us at least two weeks in advance.
Fees: See Fees for Support, Software, and Training.
Expectations: One person from the office should be designated as the point of contact (usually an office manager or provider). This person is expected to work with the Open Dental trainer to develop a mutually acceptable training plan. It is the contact person's responsibility to:
- Discuss and confirm the plan with the Open Dental trainer.
- Consider a data conversion, and, if desired, schedule it. It should be complete prior to training.
- Have Open Dental installed and ready to go on the client machines. Contact Open Dental telephone support technicians for installation assistance.
- Discuss with the trainer any additional expectations and deliverables well before the training date.
- Attend the training.
Below are tools and resources available to help you get closer to "fully trained'.