Open Dental is easy to use, and you may start using it right away, but it may take a few weeks or more to understand all of the basic features well. The following training resources are available to help you.
Webinars are free online training seminars moderated by Open Dental Trainers and open to participants across the globe. See Webinars for a list of topics and dates, and to register.
Customized online training with a qualified Open Dental trainer is available to customers on support. Contact us to schedule. We require at least 48 hours notice to schedule a training.
Fees: See Fees for Software, Support, Services.
We provide on-site training anywhere in the continental
U.S. On-site training by a qualified Open Dental trainer can help your
entire staff quickly gain proficiency. This is especially
helpful for offices with little or no previous computer experience.
The trainer will walk you through multiple situations
and provide lots of one-on-one help. The more computers you
have set up, the more effective the experience will be. Contact us to schedule at least two weeks in advance of desired dates because airlines raise prices for shorter
notice. The price may be slightly less
for West Coast customers.
Fees: See Fees for Software, Support, Services. All training must be substantially paid for before we will order airline
Expectations: One person from the office should be designated as the point of contact (usually an office manager or provider). This person is expected to work with the Open Dental trainer to develop a mutually acceptable training plan. It is the contact person's responsibility to:
- Discuss and confirm the plan with the Open Dental trainer.
- Consider a data conversion, and, if desired, schedule it. It should be complete prior to training.
- Have Open Dental installed and ready to go on the client machines. Contact Open Dental telephone support technicians for installation assistance.
- Discuss with the trainer any additional expectations and deliverables well before the training date.
- Attend the training.
Additional Tools and Resources.
- Refer to the Online Manual. The following pages are a good place to start.
- Call us by phone or use our chat portal (included with support plan).
- Practice using the Trial Version.
- User Forum