Version 17.1 (beta) was released on 3/31/2017.
Note: In version 17.1, Open Dental will require a minimum 1280 x 768 resolution. Please evaluate your monitors and determine if you need to upgrade.
- New tool changes providers on future appointments based on the providers assigned to the operatory.
output field in Sheets will only include family members due for a recall that are not yet scheduled.
- Filter the Unscheduled List by procedure. Unscheduled List
- Using a new service, run aging automatically at a specific time of day (e.g. non-peak hours).
- Update eStatement credentials without clearing the billing list. Billing List
- Option to send a statement directly to the Patient Portal.
- Scheduled date shows in Recurring Charges window. Recurring Charges
- Preference to use the transaction date as the Payment date (instead of the scheduled recurring charge date) when running Recurring Charges. Account Module Preferences
- Use slider on the tooth chart to show changes to the tooth chart over time.
- When a medication is marked as 'discontinued' in eRx, the same medication will be marked 'discontinued' in Open Dental upon refresh of the Chart module.
- New preference to prompt user on how to handle fees when a provider changes on a procedure.
Claims and Claim Payments
- ERA posting process enhanced.
- Finalizing ERA payments enhanced.
- Supplemental payments can have negative writeoff amounts.
- Preference to open the Batch Insurance window when finalizing an insurance payment from the Edit Claim window. Manage Module Preferences
- Ability to scan and view EOBs for claim payments that equal $0.
- Date Sent Orig field added to Edit Claim window to record original send date of claim. Edit Claim Window
- Date Sent field auto-populated when claim is sent. If resent, label changes to Date Resent and date is updated. Edit Claim Window
- Checkbox added to printed medical claim form 1500 to indicate 'Assignment of Benefits'. 1500 HCFA Claim Form
- New definition for Claim Error Code.
- Preference determines which procedure description is used on printed claims when chart procedure code differs from a base procedure code description. Family Module Preferences
- Assign outstanding claims to specific users for follow-up.
- Logged on user and date/time received is captured on the procedure level when an insurance payment is received.
- Works with statements, email and claim attachments, summaries of care, wiki files and more. Dropbox
- Email Inbox is non-modal (other windows can be open at the same time).
- View Sent Messages.
- Search emails based on specific criteria.
- Compose new messages and reply to received messages.
- For each column in the Ortho Chart, option to enter an internal name and display name.
- Print button added to Ortho Chart. Ortho Chart
- Add an electronic signature stamp in the Ortho Chart for the person currently logged in. Ortho Chart
- Option to define procedures that can be considered orthodontic placement procedures (used to determine the Date Start for claims created using the Auto Ortho Claim tool). Ortho Setup
- Option to override the Date Start on the Ortho Case tab. Ortho Case
- When associating procedures and credits to a payment plan, option to show all implicitly paid off procedures.
- Attached to Payment Plan checkbox removed from Payment window and replaced with label indicating the number of splits attached to a plan.
- When patient has a payment plan and a payment is entered, a prompt will ask the user whether the payments should be attached to a plan or not.
- Procedure code columns added in Pay Split Manager. Pay Split Manager
- Preference for 'Payments prompt for auto splits' includes option to force allocated payments to have pay splits attached to a procedure. Account Module Preferences
- When allocating prepayments to procedures, option to view procedures that haven't been explicitly paid off.
- Changing the provider on a completed procedure attached to a pay split will also change the provider on the pay split. Editing Procedure
- Insurance Payment Plans Past Due Report lists insurance payment plans with balances that are overdue.
- New Uniform Data Systems (UDS)
report for the FQHC sealant measure.
- Option to cancel a query when it is running.
- Option to print graphic reports.
- Appointments Report header includes information about selected providers. Appointments Report
- Unearned Income report uses complex reporting system. Printing Reports - Complex Report System
- Incomplete Procedure Note report includes group notes.
- Option to include writeoff estimates and adjustments in the Production and Income report.
- Option to include writeoff estimates in the Aging of A/R report.
- Option to calculate aging by patient or guarantor in the Aging of A/R report.
- Option to include procedures with no insurance estimates in the Procedures not Billed to Insurance report.
- Option to force users to change their password at next login attempt when passwords are required to be 'strong' and their password does not meet the criteria. Security
- After five consecutive failed log-on attempts, a user will be temporarily locked out of Open Dental, the CEMT, and/or the Mobile Web for 5 minutes or until the account is manually unlocked. Security User Profiles, CEMT Security
- After a patient merge, history for both the merge 'from' and 'to' patient can be viewed in the Audit Trail. Audit Trail
- Reports - Daily permission allows/blocks a user from running daily reports for adjustments, payments, procedures, and writeoffs. Permissions
- Daily Payments - View All Providers permission allows/blocks a user from viewing other provider information in a daily report.
- Production and Income, View All Providers
permission allows/blocks a user from viewing other provider information in a production and income report.
- Patient Restriction Edit permission allows/blocks user from changing the 'Appointment Scheduling is Restricted' checkbox. Permissions
- Patient Billing Type Edit permission only allows/blocks user from changing billing type. Permissions
- Graphics Edit permission allows/blocks user from changing graphic settings. Permissions
- Sheet Delete permissions allows/blocks user from deleting sheets associated with a patient. Permissions
- Update Custom Tracking permission allows/blocks user from updating tracking status from the Outstanding Insurance Report. Permissions
- Insurance Plan Ortho Edit permission allows/blocks user from editing insurance plan ortho information. Permissions
- Option to collapse/expand large tasks.
- Task Options determine default behavior for expanding/collapsing tasks.
- Add auto notes to tasks. Create Tasks
- Right click on a URL in a task note to open it in a browser. Create Tasks
Time Clock / Time Cards Time Card Setup
- Visual changes to
Time Card Setup window.
- Ability to delete multiple pay periods at once.
- Not able to create pay periods that overlap existing pay periods.
- Preference to hide pay periods that are older than six months.
- When retrieving Web Forms, email address and phone number are also considered when matching forms to patients. Retrieve Submitted Forms
- When entering data in linked Web Forms, once first name, last name, and birth date
are entered, they are inherited on each subsequent form. Web Forms: What the Patient Sees
- Default host server address redirects to https://patientviewer.com. Upload Web Forms
- URL arguments for Dental Office ID, Web Sheet ID and Next Form ID updated. Upload Web Forms
Web Sched New Patient Appointments
- Embed Web Sched New Patient Appointments into your practice website.
- Enhanced interface allows patient to choose appointment date/time using a calendar.
- Change the interface color theme when embedding in your website.
- Set up appointment types for patients scheduling their first appointment.
- Customize a help message that shows when a patient is selecting an appointment type.
- Create blockouts in the appointment schedule that allow Web Sched New Patient Appointments.
Web Sched Recall
- Enhanced interface allows patient to choose appointment date/time using a calendar.
- Create blockouts in the appointment schedule that allow Web Sched Recall appointments.
- Right click on a URL in a wiki list to open it in a browser.
- Search option in wiki lists filters results.
- Advanced search option added to wiki lists.
Recall List and Confirmation List Setup windows divided into separate windows. Recall List Setup, Confirmation List Setup
Action needed toolbar button moved to Alerts menu.
One referral per provider shows in the Patient Information grid. Referrals
Dropbox reenabled. Dropbox
Dropbox works with statements, email and claim attachments, summaries of care, wiki files and more.
Plan renewal month
Option to add a custom referral type.
Create appointments and patients using FHIR RESTful API Service.
Ability to add more messaging buttons. Messaging Buttons
User is no longer required to run Open Dental as Admin when using X-Charge. X-Charge
Carestream bridge name changed to Carestream Ortho/OMS from carestreamdental.com. Bridge - Carestream
Include procedure status in PR1 segment of HL7 inbound ADT messages.
Email PDF button added to the Edit Deposit Slip window.
Deposits and Deposit Slips