Version 17.2 (beta) was released on 6/29/2017.
Mobile Web Use Mobile Web
- Add, delete, and move appointments in your appointment schedule.
- Set appointment and confirmation status, appointment type, and appointment notes.
- Add custom appointment fields.
- View and select operatories.
- Headquarters added to Clinic menu.
Substitution Codes: Control which procedures codes are downgraded by insurance plan. Procedure Estimate Downgrades
- Reminder tasks pop up when they are due.
- Change any task to a reminder task type, and vice versa.
- New option to set a one-time task reminder.
Setup Wizard: Use the setup wizard to enter the Open Dental registration key, run Procedure Code Tools, turn on features, and set up providers, operatories, and clinics.
Changes by Category
- Filter recurring charges by date. Recurring Charges
- Option to consider writeoff estimates in aging.
- Force Duplication for PayConnect is available when using and EMV terminal. PayConnect: Process a Credit Card Payment
- Ability to electronically sign PayConnect transactions when using an EMV terminal. PayConnect
- When adding an adjustment attached to a procedure, if the remaining balance is less than 0, user will receive warning message. Adjustments
- Allocated tab added to Payment window. Shows the payment's current pay split allocation.
- Date column label changed to Proc Date in Payment window, Payment Splits grid. Payment window
- (procedure date) field removed from Pay Split window. Pay Split window
- When attaching a procedure to a pay split, the Select Procedure window shows more details. Pay Split window
- Account module preferences organized into three tabs. Account Module Preferences
- Preference for 'Invoices payments grid show writeoffs' determines if insurance writeoffs are included in the Payments grid on invoices.
- Preference for 'Patient Payments allow future dated debits' determines if users can enter future-dated payments. Account Module Preferences
- Preference for 'Patient Payments Use' determines which clinic is assigned by default to patient payments. Account Module Preferences
- On Insurance Claims window, History grid, added a user column and right click options. ClaimPrinted added as a status and filter option.
- Enhancements to Claim Forms window. Printed Claim Form Setup
- Printed ADA 2012 claim form uses Patient Number for box 23 (PatientID) instead of SSN. ADA 2012 Claim Form
- Enter Quick Paste Notes when recording claim status history. Edit Claim window - Status History Tab
- On Denti-Cal claim form, print up to 15 procedures (instead of 10). Denti-Cal
- When creating a preauthorization for a patient with only one active plan, user is no longer prompted to select insurance or relationship to patient. Preauthorizations
- For Canada, when an EOB claim response is created, insurance paid amounts are automatically entered. For Preauthorizations, the amount paid is entered as an estimate. Canada - Claims
- For Canada, preview claim acknowledgments before printing. Canada: Send Claims and Retrieve Reports
- The OpenDentalService can process clearinghouse reports.
- Clearinghouse passwords are masked. Clearinghouse Setup
- Edit Popop (other users) permission allows/blocks user from editing or deleting popups created by other users. Permissions
- Assign specific report permissions to CEMT users.
- InsuranceCarrierCombine permission allows/blocks a user from combining insurance carriers. Permissions
- InsurancePlanCombine permission allows/blocks a user from combining insurance plans. Permissions
- Restrict user access to specific reports.
- 'Change existing Ins Plan using Pick from List' permission allows user to pick a new plan before dropping a plan. Permissions
- Set up automatic Open Dental log in when logged in to a Windows domain user.
- When changing the user on a Task, user is prompted to enter their password. Tasks
- Reminder tasks pop up when they are due.
- Change any task to a task reminder and vice versa.
- Allow backdating and deleting of specific procedures (with a $0 fee) by bypassing global lock date. Edit Procedure Codes
- Right click option to block incoming text messages from specific mobile numbers. Text Messaging Inbox
- Exclude specific exam sheet defs from the Global Lock Date.
- DBM to fix invalid dates for all date columns. Database Maintenance
- DateTStamp column added to the LabCase table. Programming Resources
- OrthoCad bridge. Bridge - OrthoCAD
- Static text fields dateLastBW, dateLastExam, dateLastPanoFMX, dateLastPerio, and dateLastProphy are based on the first five characters of the procedure code. Static Text Fields
- Ability to cancel out of an auto note, save responses and unanswered prompts, then return at a later time to complete it. Auto Notes
- Column headers in wiki lists wrap. Wiki Lists
- Lab Fee field added to Edit Lab Case window. Creating a Dental Lab Case
- Aging of A/R Report updated to complex report system.
- Key range columns and 'enable random primary keys' removed from Replication Setup window. Only will show when random primary keys are already enabled. Replication: Add Servers and Designate a Slave Monitor
- Option to add a default procedure note for treatment planned procedures.
- On Fill Sheet window, separate buttons for Print and Email. Filling Out Sheets
- All treatment plan calculations are saved with a treatment plan, regardless of the 'show' options selected at time of save. Treatment Plans
- Commlog button and fields for email address, SS#, Patient Status, and Billing Type added to the Add Family window. Enter New Patients by Family
- Saved treatment plans will retain the insurance estimate information of the plan at the time of the save, even if it is later dropped and a discount plan is added instead. Treatment Plan
- Additional property added to TigerView bridge to set the DOB year to a four digit format. TigerView
- Clinical Summ button added to EHR dashboard. EHR Dashboard
- Discount plans can be dropped only. Delete option is removed. Discount Plans
- Warning message displays when changing the name of a custom patient field. Custom Patient Field
- When there is a version mismatch in a 'restored' database, Open Dental must be relaunched and updated before opening the restored database. Backup/Restore Tool
- Unhandled Exception window has new Copy All, Print, and Quit buttons. Users can only quit Open Dental when a UE appears. Unhandled Exceptions