Version 17.4 (beta) was released on 12/28/2017.
Web Sched Verify: Send automated verification when a patient successfully books a Recall, New Patient, or ASAP appointment using Web Sched.
- Customize the message template per clinic.
- Send text, email, or both. Text and email is the default.
- Planned, unscheduled, and recall appointments can be added to the ASAP list.
- Send Web Sched ASAP messages for these appointments.
Account Collections using Transworld Systems Interface
- Send past due accounts to collections using the Transworld program link.
- Manage accounts in the Transworld window, including suspending and canceling collections.
- Accept payments directly through Transworld.
Changes by Category
- Preference to add compounding interest to finance charges in the Finance/Billing Charges window.
- 'Allow storing credit card numbers' preference removed from Account Module preferences.
- Add adjustments for multiple procedures using Add Multiple in the Adjustment dropdown.
- Preference to allow/block emailing of credit card receipts.
- Planned, unscheduled, and recall appointments can be added to the ASAP list. Send Web Sched ASAP messages for these appointments.
- Option to create blockout types that do not allow appointment scheduling.
- Option to create blockout types that do not allow cut/copy/paste.
- Appointment module preferences has two categories: appearance and behavior.
Preference to set a default length for appointments without attached procedures.
- Add scheduling notes to an operatory. Right click operatory name to view notes.
- Add scheduling notes per clinic.
- View net production and patient portion in an appointment view.
- Sent eReminders and eConfirmations show in the Communications Log grid of the Edit Appointment window.
- New command line available fields added for custom program links.
- CADI bridge.
- HDX WILL bridge.
- Hidden clinics don't show in the list accessed from the Clinics menu button, when there are more than 30 clinics.
- Show Hidden cannot be accessed from the Clinics button in the main menu.
- Turning clinics off when eServices are enabled triggers a popup to disable or keep eServices.
- Clinics may be turned off without disabling texting service.
- Alert notifies user about appointments scheduled via Web Sched ASAP.
- eReminder limit per appointment removed.
- Patients can request to be notified of an earlier opening in the Web Sched Recall portal.
- Aggregated text/email eConfirmation message can be customized.
- Access other parts of Open Dental while the Batch Insurance Payments window is open, when accessed from the Manage module.
- Access other parts of Open Dental while the Insurance Payment (EOB) window is open, when accessed from the Batch Insurance Payments window.
- Filter outstanding claims in the Insurance Payment (EOB) window by ClaimID.
- Search outstanding claims by full name in the Insurance Payment (EOB) window.
- Preference to allow future dated
- Request benefit information for non-subscribers.
- Sort the Outstanding Charges grid by column. Filter by date range, provider, clinic, patient, code, and amount ending.
- Group permissions must now be assigned at the User Group level rather than individually.
- Permission to restrict editing fee schedules from the Setup and Lists menus.
- Referral Edit permission is tracked in the audit trail.
- New Recall Edit permission.
- Perio Chart Edit permission is tracked in the audit trail.
- New Procedure Code Edit permission.
- Security Admin permission audit trail tracks permissions granted and revoked for user groups, and which permissions they were.
- In the Unearned Income Report, filter out families that have a zero net dollar unearned income balance.
- Daily Payments Report preference to show payment splits by provider or not.
- Sort the Treatment Finder report by column heading.
- Web Sched ASAP appointments added to the Web Sched Appointments report.
- Unfinalized payments show on the Reports window.
- Two providers with the same first and last name can run Production and Income and Daily Payments reports when one of the providers has the permission to do so.
- New Custom Aging report allows users to choose which transactions to include.
- Exclude archived patients from the Aging of AR report.
- Run the Graphic Reports on a report server.
- The Outstanding Insurance Claims report has its own Display Fields category, allowing report customization.
- New filter options for Outstanding Insurance Claims report.
- Three Unearned Income reports in the Unearned Income reports window.
- Unearned Allocation report
- Net Unearned Income report
- Line Item Unearned Income report
- Logging off of Open Dental now triggers an OK/No prompt. Set default behavior with a preference.
- Security log created when an existing patient is moved to a different family, or patient information is changed and saved.
Speed enhancements to Middle Tier. Middle Tier
Removed 'Import eCW' button from the Fee Tools window. Fee Tools
An error indicates when an incorrect password is entered in the ServiceManager during an installation attempt.
Use customizable sheets to print ERAs.
Check for duplicate patients from the Add Family window.
Use an internal MD5 hash algorithm implementation instead of the .NET framework cryptography implementation.
Prompt to remove future appointments for patients marked "deceased".
Permission to edit, receive, and delete preauthorizations.
Referral sources can be designated "preferred".
Display Field window enhancements.
Option to view merged patients in the Select Patient window.
Appointments cannot be made for merged patients.
Preference to display patient field defs that have been renamed.
New Medicaid COB rule for secondary insurance.
Pharmacy information auto populates in the Edit Rx window for electronic prescriptions.
When an email is sent by a logged-on user, the logged-on user's name shows in the User column of the Chart module.
Access Quick Paste Notes through the Setup menu.
Output text fields for Rx Sheets have been renamed and have new functionality.
Query Favorites are searchable.
eConnector service enhancements.
Add specialities to patient clones without Clinics enabled.
Preference to automatically sync the email address of the guarantor to all family members in the Add Family window.
Search for patients by invoice number in the Select Patient window.
Enhancements to the Select Patient window.
Preference to send Unhandled Exception report directly to Open Dental support.
Progress notes update when tooth selections are changed in the tooth chart. 'Show Selected Teeth' must be checked.
New audit trail column displays the date and time of the change before last.
Delete procedures that are attached to a pre-authorization.
Users can be associated to multiple user groups.
The billing list can be run for multiple specific clinics.
One task can be sent to multiple task lists.
Apteryx images can be saved to the Open Dental Images module.