Retrieving Web Forms from the Server
When staff retrieves a Web Form, it is matched to a patient and viewable in the patient's Chart module and Forms window. Up to 20 web forms can be retrieved at one time.
- In the main menu, click Tools, Web Forms.
All Web Forms that have already been retrieved, for the date range, are listed.
- To change the date range, enter a new start and end date then click Refresh. Click Today to only view forms submitted today.
- To open a Web Form, double click it.
- To view all of the patient's forms, right click on the row then click View this patient's forms.
- Click Retrieve New Forms.
Open Dental will attempt to automatically attach each submitted web form to an existing patient. If a match is made, the form will be retrieved. See Web Form Logic below for details.
If a match is not made, you will be prompted to pick a patient.
The last name, first name, and birthdate submitted on the Web Form show at the top. Any closely matching patient results list under Close Matches.
- Double click a close match to attach the form to the patient.
- Click Preview to view the submitted form.
- Select: Chose a different patient that is not listed.
- New: Create a new patient record using the submitted information. Note: When using Clinics, the patient's clinic will be set to the clinic associated to the web form.
- Skip: Do not retrieve this Web Form.
- Cancel: Cancel retrieval of all Web Forms.
To import data from a patient form or medication history into the database, see Import Patient Forms and Medical Histories.
Open Dental uses the following logic to match retrieved Web Forms to patients.
- Initially Open Dental will attempt to match a patient based on last name, first name, birthdate.
- If only one exact match is found, the web form will be automatically retrieved.
- If there is more than one match, email address and phone number will also be considered. If at least one phone number or email address matches any phone number or email address on file, the web form will be retrieved. If neither phone nor email has a match, you will be prompted to pick a patient or skip retrieval.
- If there is no match at all, you will be prompted to pick a patient or skip retrieval.
Web forms that are successfully received are permanently deleted from the Open Dental web server.
If a duplicate patient is created, Merge Patients.
To restore a web form that was deleted from a patient's chart, double click it.