X-Charge: Refund a Payment
When using X-Charge, a refund credits the amount of the transaction to the card.
- In the patient's Account module, click Payment.
- Enter the amount to return to the credit card (e.g. 34.00).
- Click X-Charge.
- Select Return as the Transaction Type.
- Verify other settings:
Save Token: Store the credit card number and expiration date as a token for future use. Set the default in Account Module Preferences.
Prompt for Signature: Prompt patients for a signature on the credit card terminal before completing transaction. Terminal must support electronic signature capabilities. Set the default in X-Charge Setup.
Print Receipt: Automatically print a receipt to the default receipt Printer when the transaction is completed. Set the default in X-Charge Setup.
- Click OK.
- If the credit card token is already stored, X-Charge will automatically start and apply the return to the card.
Otherwise fill out the credit card information, then click Process.
- If the return was successful, click OK on the Payment window.
The return will be applied to the patient's account.