X-Charge: Void a Payment
X-Charge credit card payments or returns can be voided when the original transaction was processed in the last 24 hours and has not been desposited to your account. Voiding removes the original transaction from the patient's bank the same day. If the transaction is older or has been deposited, you can Return the Payment instead; returns require a few days to process.
To void a X-Charge transaction:
- In the patient's Account, click Payment.
- Enter a negative amount (e.g. -50). It must match the original transaction amount. Click OK to open the Payment window.
- Clinics: If using Clinics, verify the correct clinic is selected.
- Current Payment Splits: Allocate the void's pay split to a procedure or unearned income type.
- If voiding a payment that has been allocated: Add a pay split associated to the original procedure.
Check 'Show All Charges', locate the charge for the original procedure, then click Add Partial and enter a negative split amount.
- If voiding a prepayment that hasn't been allocated yet, add a pay split and assign the unearned type of the original prepayment.
- If the original payment was not allocated to a procedure or unearned type, you do not need to create a pay split.
If no pay split is added, an unallocated pay split will be created.
- Click X-Charge to open the X-Charge Transaction Types Window and select Void.
- Click Search to locate the original transaction.
- Highlight the transaction and click OK to fill the X-Charge Release window with the original transaction details.
- Click Process or F12 to complete the void, the payment window will automatically close.
The Transaction Details will be automatically added to the payment Note. Double click the payment to print or email a receipt.
Notes: Payments allocated to procedures for multiple family members will post to each patient account.