Care Credit is a credit card for financing healthcare expenses.
In Program Links, double-click CareCredit.
If you do not see CareCredit listed, use the instructions below to add the Program Link.
Care Credit cards cannot be used with PayConnect, X-Charge, or PaySimple, so payments must be processed through Open Dental in the Account module. Use the program link to access the Care Credit website from Open Dental.
Create a Program Link
- From Program Links, click Add.
- Enter Care Credit in the Description field.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Enter the web address in Path of file to open.
- Enter the Text on button.
- Choose the module where the toolbar button will show.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button. The image must be 22 x 22 pixels.
- Click OK. You will now have a button for Care Credit in your Account module toolbar.
Process Care Credit cards
- Make sure a payment type exists for Care Credit. See Definitions, Payment Types.
- In the Account module, click Payment.
- Select Care Credit under Payment Type.
- Click OK.
- Click the CareCredit button in the Account module to launch the Care Credit website.
- Process the payment.