Some setup is required before using the Central Enterprise Management Tool ( CEMT ).
Configure the CentralManagerConfig.xml File
These steps are required before you can launch the CentralManager.exe file (open the Central Manager main window).
- Place a blank copy of an Open Dental database in the C:\mysql\data folder. Rename it to identify it as the central manager database (e.g. dbcentral).
Note: This database must be using the same version of Open Dental so you may need to update it.
- Right click on CentralManagerConfig.xml and save it in the Open Dental installation directory. By default, this path is C:\Program Files\Open Dental\CentralManagerConfig.xml.
- Navigate to the CentralManagerConfig file. Right click on the file and select Edit with Notepad. It will look similar to the following:
- Change the ComputerName to reflect the name or IP address of the server. Change the database name to the central manager database (e.g. dbcentral). Save this file to Open Dental installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Open Dental).
- Launch the CentralManager.exe to verify the configuration.
Note: If the central manager database is hosted on a Middle Tier
server, you must also add a new middle tier XML node for the URI: <MiddleTierAddr></MiddleTierAddr>
. Add it directly under the password node.
Once the CEMT is launched, you can set up database connections and define users, permissions, and other security settings.