Electronic billing is a way to send patient Statements electronically to a third party billing service. Open Dental recommends and supports both Dental X Change and EDS for electronic billing. Other third party options are available to use at your discretion.
On the Billing Defaults window, you have multiple options for sending out statements.
- Dental X Change: ClaimConnect E-Claims offers an integrated option for electronic billing. DentalXChange will pick up the statements from Open Dental, convert them into their own format, then mail these to the patient's on your behalf. For setup and information, see Electronic Billing using DentalXChange (statements).
- EDS: Save statements to the Output Path for Electronic Dental Services to pick up and process.
- No electronic billing: Does not send statements to a third party. This option will allow you to create and print statements on your own.
- Output to File: Save statements as an XML file to your selected Output Path. Third parties can pick up the XMLs from your file path to process.
- ClaimX / ExtraDent: Contact ClaimX for assistance.
Additional third party companies may be able to receive electronic statements however we are not integrated with them. Contact the billing service for more information.
- Renaissance offers an option for electronic billing that is not integrated with Open Dental. Contact Renaissance for setup information.