EHR Modified Stage 2
A part of the EHR Incentive Program is demonstrating meaningful use (MU) of certified EHR software by meeting thresholds for a number of objectives.
2017 general MU requirements:
- All providers will report on a single set of 10 objectives (called Modified Stage 2) and 9 clinical quality measures.
- MU reporting period length: A minimum of 90 continuous days between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2017.
2017 Specification Sheets (PDF)
2018 Specification Sheets(PDF)
Before you begin:
Modified Stage 2 objectives
There are 10 total objectives to report.
- EHR Objective 1: Protect Electronic Health Information: Conduct a Security Risk Analysis.
- EHR Objective 2: Clinical Decision Support ( CDS )
- EHR Objective 3: Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
- EHR Objective 4: ePrescribing
- EHR Objective 5: Health Information Exchange (Summaries of Care)
- EHR Objective 6: Patient-Specific Education
- EHR Objective 7: Medication Reconciliation
- EHR Objective 8: Patient Electronic Access (VDT)
- EHR Objective 9: Secure Messaging
- EHR Objective 10: Public Health Reporting
Note: In October 2015, CMS simplified and reduced the measures you need to report on. Thus, in some areas of the software you may notice information that is not needed when you attest.
Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs)
See EHR Clinical Quality Measures.
Measures from previous stages
Some measures from previous stages do not need to be reported on anymore. However, the data will be used in measures you will report on, so you still need to enter information.
||Where information is used
Record patient demographics on the Edit Patient Information window (gender, date of birth, preferred language, race, ethnicity)
|CDS, patient-specific education resources, summaries of care, public health reporting
|| Enter EHR Vital Signs and Interventions
|| Assess EHR Tobacco
||CDS, patient-specific education, summaries of care, CQMs
||CDS, patient-specific education resources, summaries of care, CQMs, drug interaction checks
||CDS, patient-specific education resources, summaries of care, drug interaction checks, CQMs