In the Main Menu, click File, User Settings, Email Settings.
Each user can set up their own email address to send and receive email. This email address is tied to the user. Only this user will be able to see emails sent to the address.
Enter the email settings. You may need to consult your email provider.
- Username: The full email address.
- Password: The password for this email account.
- Use SSL: Check the box to enable SSL. Uncheck it to disable SSL.
- Outgoing SMTP Server / Outing Port: Settings used to send email. Implicit SSL ports (e.g. 465) cannot send encrypted email.
- Email address of sender: This email address is an alias, but not all email providers will recognize it. It will appear in the From address instead of the username (full email address), though the username credentials will still be used. When sending encrypted email, this field is ignored.
- Alias format: If Sparkly Dental <firstname.lastname@example.org> the recipient will see Sparkly Dental as the sender instead of email@example.com.
- Incoming POP3 Server and Port: Settings used to receive email.
Click OK to save.