In eServices Setup, click the Automated Messaging tab.
Automated Thank-Yous is an eService that sends an automated thank you message (email or text message) when a patient schedules an appointment. They are sent shortly after an appointment is scheduled for a patient.
- Activate Thank-Yous by clicking Activate Auto Thank-You.
- Create Thank-You Rules (see below). Rules determine when and how a Thank-You is sent, and the message.
- To send Automated Thank-Yous, the eConnector must be installed.
- Rules and automation can be determined by clinic.
- Automated Thank-Yous are included in support if sending by email only. If also sending by text messaging, Integrated Texting must be enabled.
Create Thank-You Rules
- Select the clinic and any clinic-specific settings.
- To create default rules, select Defaults as the clinic, then create the rules.
- To apply default rules to a clinic, select the clinic, then check Use Defaults.
- To create clinic-specific rules, select the clinic, uncheck Use Defaults, then create the rules.
- To turn on/off automation by clinic, select the clinic, then check/uncheck Enable Automation for Clinic.
- Click Add Thank You or double-click an existing rule to edit.
- Enable: By default this is checked, meaning the thank you rule is turned on and active. Uncheck to disable the rule.
- Send Time: Set time preferences for sending the message.
- Days / Hours: Set how long after the appointment is created, in hours or days, the Thank-You should be sent.
- Do not send within ____ of appointment: Control whether or not messages are sent for short notice appointments (e.g. same day appointments). When values are entered for Days / Hours, Thank-Yous will not be sent when the upcoming appointment time falls within the time period.
- Send Order: Select how the Thank-Yous will be sent.
Customize the Thank-You text and email message.
Click OK to save the rule.
- Check Send All to send via text message and email, if patient has both options.
- Or, set a specific delivery method order. The method listed first will be attempted first. If unsuccessful, the second method will be attempted. If that is unsuccessful, the third method will be attempted. Highlight a method, then click the up/down arrows to reorder it. Options include:
- Preferred Confirm Method: Use the patient's preferred confirmation method to send the message. If Work Phone is selected the program will move to the next send method (Text or Email). See Edit Patient Information.
- Text: Send text messages.
- Email: Send email messages.
Add Language Translation
Create and send messages in the patient's preferred language.
In the Edit Automated Thank-You Rule window, click Add Language. Select the language from the dropdown. Language options can be created and edited in Miscellaneous Setup.
When a language is added, you will see the new language tab at the top.
Select the language tab and manually type in the translated message. When a patient has this language selected as their preferred language in the Edit Patient Information window, the translated message will be used.
The language will send based off the following criteria:
- If only one patient in a family has an appointment that day, that patient's preferred language is used.
- If multiple family members have an appointment that day, including the guarantor, the guarantor's preferred language is used.
- If multiple family members have an appointment that day, but not the guarantor, and the patient's preferred language is the same, the preferred language is used.
- If multiple family members have an appointment that day, but not the guarantor, and the patient's have different preferred languages, whichever patient's is listed first, is the preferred language used.
To remove a language, click Remove Language.
When one or more appointments on the same day share a common patient email address and/or wireless phone number, the associated Thank-Yous will be grouped together into one long text message or email.
To customize aggregated messages, On the Edit Automated Thank-You Rule window, click Advanced.
Change the Email and SMS templates as needed. If using languages, be sure to select the correct language in the tab at the top.