Legacy eRx is an internet-based, secure, electronic prescribing system (eRx Companies). It only works in the United States and its territories, including Puerto Rico.
- Valid Open Dental registration key. The key must be active (currently on support) to enable Legacy eRx.
- Microsoft Edge.
- A high-speed connection for efficient use (cable, DSL, etc.).
- See Fees for Support and Services for pricing.
- Provider identity proofing fees will be added to your next statement.
- Monthly fees are billed in advance and appear on your statement the month after you first access Legacy eRx or use any feature in the interface.
- The EPCS fee is paid via PayPal to SureScripts during the registration process.
- If you ever stop using Legacy eRx, contact Open Dental support to cancel or monthly fees will continue.
For all issues (identity proofing, passwords, support, sign up) contact Open Dental Support only.
Note: Formulary checks only occur before dosing and will not display correctly after dosing has occurred.
Contact Open Dental support. We will activate the service and walk you through identity proofing and credentialing.
- The provider must be present during the call and should allocate ~30 minutes of uninterrupted time. Open Dental will not assist with setup if the provider is not present.
- Enter required information in Open Dental prior to the call. See Required Legacy eRx Information.
- The following documentation will be needed for credentialing so have it ready.
- It will take approximately 2 business days to approve credentials.
EPCS: EPCS sign up requires additional steps after identity proofing and credentialing have been approved and validated. Contact support for assistance.