In the Mass Emails window, click Mass Email List.
Mass Emails is an eService that allows users to send an email to a selected list of patients at once. Activate Mass Email in eServices Setup.
Setup Templates: Click to add and customize email templates. See Mass Email Templates.
- Preferred Contact Method: Filter by preferred contact method. See Edit Patient Information.
- Any: Patient has any method set as preferred contact method.
- Email: Patient has email set as preferred contact method.
- None: Patient does not have a preferred contact method set.
- Patient Status: Filter by patient status. Options include:
- Patient Billing Type: Filter by Billing Type.
- Patient Age: Enter the age range. The default is 1 to 110.
- Exclude patients who received a mass email: Check to exclude patients who recently received a mass email.
- In the last __ days: Enter the number of days to exclude patients if they received another mass email in that time frame.
- Hide patients with future appointments: Filter patients who have a scheduled appointment.
- Exclude patients not seen since: Check to exclude patients who have not been seen since the entered date.
- Exclude patients seen since: Check to exclude patients who have been seen since the entered date.
- Clinic: Filter by patients assigned to the selected clinic. Select All to show all patients. If the selected clinic does not have Mass Emails activated, the Select All and Send Emails buttons will be grayed out.
Use Custom Query: If the filters above do not provide the list of patients needed, check this box to run a query instead. Queries must include a Select statement and include any table with a PatNum column. SET statements cannot be used and will cause an error.
When checked, the information above shows a Query box instead. Enter the query, then click Refresh to see results.
Sending Mass Emails
- Select patients to send the email to.
- Using the Available Patients list, highlight which patients to send to, then click Set All or Set Selected. An X will display in the Send column to indicate these patients have been selected.
- Prior to sending mass email, Open Dental checks patient's email addresses to ensure they are valid. If they are not, the email will fail, however the email will still be commlogged on the patient account.
- Using the Email Template dropdown, select the email template to send to the selected patients.
- Click Prepare to Send. The following window will open.
A preview of the email will display. The following automatic unsubscribe statement does not display.
Note: The unsubscribe statement is required and cannot be turned off. If a patient unsubscribes, any future mass emails sent will fail. Manually sent emails will still send.
- By default, fields will not display with replacements (e.g. practice name, patient name, etc). Select a patient to view an example of the email.
- Display rendering with replaced data: First select a patient, then check this box to display the example.
- Select Patient [...] : Click to open the Select Patient window. Select a patient from the list to show as the example.
- Once you have reviewed the email, click Send Emails
- The following prompt will appear. Click Yes to continue, or No to cancel.
- A prompt will ask if you have received the email. It is recommended to send a copy of the email to yourself so that you can ensure any HTML and images display correctly. Once you have verified the email sent correctly, click Yes.
- A message will appear confirming the emails have been sent. Click OK to finish.