See Apteryx XVWeb Bridge.
Apteryx XV Web is a web-based imaging application. You must activate the service with XV Web before using the integration in Open Dental.
To save images to a patient's Images module:
- (Optional) Create a new Image Category to save XV Web images to. (Definitions: Image Categories)
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, Image Categories.
- Click Add.
- Enter the name of the XV Web folder.
- If you would like to view thumbnails in the Chart module, check Show in Chart Module.
- Click OK.
- Set the folder as the default. In the main menu, click Setup, Program Links, XV Web. Set the additional property for ImageCategory to the folder. Change the Save Images setting to yes.
- If Save Images is set to no, the image will exist as a download, but will not allow editing or manipulation from the Images module until manually imported into the database.
- Open Dental will automatically retrieve images in XV Web, but will not automatically download them. You must still download images you would like to store in Open Dental.
- In the Chart module, images will show as downloaded thumbnails. If double clicked, a full size image will be downloaded.
If an error occurs during initial setup, verify username and password in the Program Link setup.
If you save an image to Open Dental by copy/pasting or importing, it will appear twice.
This feature will work more efficiently in offices that have a high speed internet connection. If you receive any errors, try refreshing the Images module or Chart module and try again.