Legacy eRx (NewCrop eRX) is an internet-based, secure, electronic prescribing system. It only works in the United States and its territories, including Puerto Rico.
- Valid Open Dental registration key. The key must be active (currently on support) to enable NewCrop eRX.
- Microsoft Edge.
- A high-speed connection for efficient use (cable, DSL, etc.).
- See Fees for Support and Services for pricing.
- Provider identity proofing fees will be added to your next statement.
- Monthly fees are billed in advance and appear on your statement the month after you first access NewCrop eRX or use any feature in the interface.
- The EPCS fee is paid directly to NewCrop eRX during the registration process.
- If you ever stop using NewCrop eRX, contact Open Dental support to cancel or monthly fees will continue.
For all issues (identity proofing, passwords, support, sign up) contact Open Dental Support only.
Contact Open Dental support. We will activate the service and walk you through identity proofing and credentialing.
- The provider must be present during the call and should allocate ~30 minutes of uninterrupted time. Open Dental will not assist with setup if the provider is not present.
- Enter required information in Open Dental prior to the call. See Required Legacy eRx Information.
- The following documentation will be needed for credentialing so have it ready.
- It may take up to approximately 2 business days to approve credentials.
EPCS: EPCS sign up requires additional steps after identity proofing and credentialing have been approved and validated. Contact support for assistance.