When you Finalize an Insurance Payment, you can scan or view the EOB associated with the insurance payment. We recommend entering all EOB information (including remarks) with payment details so you can refer to and access it when needed. If a patient calls to complain insurance did not pay as expected, you can quickly determine exactly which procedures were not paid and why.
If EOB is not scanned (No), click View to scan the EOB.
If EOB is already scanned (Yes), click View to view the EOB.
- Printer: Opens the Select Printer window so you can print the selected image. The image will automatically be sized to fit the printed page.
- X: Delete the selected image.
- Scan Document: Use the flatbed scanner of your attached device to Scan a single page of the EOB.
- Scan Multi-Page Document: If you have an automatic document feeder (ADF), scan multiple pages at once.
- Import: Import an existing EOB file from your computer or network.
- Export: Export the selected EOB file to another location on your computer or network. Only image files can be exported (e.g. .jpg, .gif, .bmp). PDF files cannot.
- Copy: Copy the selected item to the clipboard.
- Paste: Paste an item from the clipboard.
- Close: Close the EOB window.
- Magnifying Glass + and - : Zoom in and out in 50% increments, or click 100 to view the EOB at 100%.
Scanned and imported EOBs are stored in the OpenDentImages\EOBs folder.