The master allergy list contains the allergies that can be added to a patient's allergy list (Allergies).
To add to the allergy list or edit an existing allergy:
- In the Main Menu, click Lists, Allergies or Setup, Chart, EHR (EHR Setup Window), Allergies.
Allergies are listed alphabetically. To show allergies marked hidden, check the Show Hidden box.
- Click Add, or double click an allergy to edit.
- Description: Enter the allergy name.
- Only used in EHR for CCDS: Most non-EHR offices can ignore these. Allergy Type: A value is required in order for the allergy to list on an EHR Continuity of Care Document ( CCD )(e.g. Summary of Care). Allergen: Only one value (UNII or Medication) can be entered, not both.
- UNII: Used for ingredient allergies (e.g. latex, peanuts). Enter a UNII to show this allergy on the CCD. Must be manually entered as a 10 character, uppercase, alphanumeric code. To search for UNII codes see http://fdasis.nlm.nih.gov/srs/srs.jsp.
- Medication: Click [...] to select from the Medications List. To show on an a CCD, medication allergies must be associated with medications that have an RxNorm. Click None to clear the box.
- Click OK to save.
Is Hidden: Check the box to hide the allergy so it can't be selected for other patients. It will continue to show for patients already using it.
Delete: Remove an allergy. Allergies in a patient's allergy list cannot be deleted.