In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links. Double-click on XVWeb from www.apteryx.com/xvweb.
Apteryx XVWeb is a web-based imaging application. Website: http://www.apteryx.com/xvweb. Before activating the bridge, log into your xvweb account to ensure the XV Web service is active. See XV Web Integration for information on viewing images in Open Dental.
To activate the bridge:
- Check the Enabled box.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings.
- You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Enter your custom XV Web URL.
- Enter your XV Web Username.
- Enter your XV Web Password.
- Select the Image Category you would like images to save to.
- (Optional) Select whether you would like to save images to the OpenDentImages folder.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under Add a button to these toolbars, highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the Text on button.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
A user name and password is required the first time the bridge is launched. Open Dental will send the selected patients birthdate (optional), chart number (if selected), gender (optional), name, and patient number to Apteryx XVWeb. If the patient does not exist in XVWeb a new patient record will be created.