Opening port 3306 allows workstations to contact the MySQL server. You must do this on your server, not on each workstation install.
- Open the Control Panel and click Security.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Click Advanced Settings, Inbound Rules.
- Click New Rule.
- Click Port, then Next.
- Select TCP.
- Enter 3306 in Specific local ports.
- Click Next, then click Allow the connection.
- Check Domain and Private.
Note: This step may vary depending on your network setup. We recommend consulting with your IT for more information.
- Enter MySQL as Name and Description.
- Click Finish.
In some cases an outbound rule has to be created for port 3306 if the Network Administrator has blocked outbound traffic from a workstation. Follow the steps above for an outbound rule as well.