Patients with supernumerary teeth can have procedures charted and sent to insurance using the process below.
- Chart procedure as normal.
- On the Procedure, change the tooth number.
- For supernumerary teeth:
- US users: Valid values are 51-82 and AS-TS
- Canada and Foreign users: Valid value is 99.
- Permanent supernumerary tooth numbers add 50 to the tooth number (tooth 1 = 51).
- Primary supernumerary tooth numbers add an S (tooth A = AS).
- Click OK and send procedure to insurance.
Procedures for supernumerary teeth do not show on the graphical tooth chart, but they do get billed to insurance. To show a supernumerary tooth on the graphical tooth chart use the Draw tool to draw in a tooth.