The purpose of this feature is to track supply orders.
In the Supply Inventory window, click Orders.
The Order History lists pending and recent orders. Click the supplier dropdown to filter the list by supplier. Highlight an order and all the associated supplies will list under Supplies on one Order. To edit an order's properties (date placed and note) double click on the order. To add supplies to the selected order, click Add. To edit a supply's quantity or price per unit, double click on the supply item. Alternatively, you can click in the Qty and/or Price/Unit cells to edit the amount. Changes made to prices here do not affect the main supply list.
Add a New Order
- Click the Supplier dropdown and select a supplier.
- Click New Order. A new pending order will show in the Order History list, and it should be highlighted. Click Add and select the supply, or add a new one.
- Click OK, then repeat until all supplies are added and the order is complete. As you add supplies, the items will list in the Supplies on one Order grid.
Note: Items manually added to an order will default to a quantity of one and the price from the main supply list. Edit as required.
- Once all items have been added, double click on the pending order in the Order History.
- Date Placed on new orders will default to today's date. Edit as required, or delete for orders not sent yet. Once a date is entered, the order is no longer considered pending. The Total Amount automatically calculates based on price and quantity entered. Any shipping charges can also be recorded. Enter a note if desired.
- For tracking purposes a User can be selected from the Placed By dropdown. This will default to the currently logged in user when the Order is created, but will only save once a Date Placed has been entered. Unset orders will always default to "none".
Note: This is not a security field and can be edited at any time after order has been sent.
- Click OK.