Version 20.4 was released on 12/17/2020.
Overview of Version 20.4
2021 CDT Codes: The 2021 CDT codes are available in version 20.3.48 or 20.4.28 or greater. Procedure Code Tools
Zoom: Allows users to enlarge the overall display of Open Dental.
QuickBooks Online integration: Connect QuickBooks Online to Open Dental.
Insurance Verification Needed: Display an icon on upcoming appointments if patient's insurance has not been marked as verified.
PDMP for additional states: PDMP is now available for all states.
- For users in California, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Utah, and Washington, see PDMP
- For users outside of the above states, see Appriss Bridge
Changes by Category
- Place file into specific category when adding a file through the A to Z folder. A to Z Folder
- Ability to swap images on mounts. Imaging Module
- Users on a task can only be changed once the task has been saved. Task Window
- Ability to right-click on a task description to immediately navigate to website or UNC path. Task
- Short description available for tasks. Task, Task Window
- Selecting a task list also displays full path. Task
- Improved ERA claim matching. ERA Match with Claim
- Prevent limited statements, receipts, and invoices from being sent electronically. Billing List
- The Edit Protected Leave Time Card Adjustments permission now allows changes to other user's time cards. Permissions
- Added Query Monitor View permission. Permissions
- Added Web Forms Access permission. Permissions
- Split Edit Commlog permission into Create Commlog and Edit Commlog. Permissions
- Audit trail tracks created, deleted, and updated Repeating Charges. Audit Trail Permissions
- ProcCompleteEdit permission logs changes made to tooth number or surface. Audit Trail Permissions
- TP Procedure Date permissions uses DateEntryC rather than ProcDate when calculating lock date. Permissions
- Moved database maintenance method, FormDatabaseMaintenance, to Old tab. Database Maintenance
- Added database maintenance method, ProcedurelogCodeNumInvalid, to Database Maintenance for Patient. Database Maintenance for Patient
- Search exact matches in the Wiki Search. Wiki Search
- Adding internal wiki links no longer requires three-character minimum to search. Wiki Edit
- Option to hide unused definitions in Custom Claim Tracking. Definitions: Claim Custom Tracking
- Updated DentiCal claim form to latest version. Denti-Cal
- Bridge to TRIOS 3Shape. 3Shape Bridge
- For multiple location users. After updating via the File Copier, Open Dental will re-connect to the same database as before. Update
- Added Payload Monitor for Middle Tier users. Payload Monitor
- Text settings removed from Reactivation Setup. Setup Reactivation
- Enterprise preference to match patients on exact phone number. Enterprise Setup
- Ability to disable Refresh while typing in Patient Select window. Enterprise Setup, Miscellaneous Setup
- Treatment Plan display field for appts shows U for procedure associated with an unscheduled appointment. Display Fields
- Enter key refreshes Patient Select window when Refresh while typing is unchecked. Select Patient
- Fixed phone number formatting in Edit Clinic window. Clinic
- Medication Merge tool enhanced to allow merging generic medications into brand medications. Merge Medications
- ASAP List now prints the currently selected tab. ASAP List
- Transworld warns users when an account with outstanding claims is sent to collections (also backported to V20.3.49).