Version 21.1 was released on 06/01/2021.
Overview of Version 21.1
Discount Plans: Have more control over discount plan setup. Discount Plans, Discount Plan
- Allow for plan notes and subscriber notes.
- Create and add frequency limitations.
- Allow an annual max.
- Discount Plans are automatically assigned a Plan ID Number.
- Discount plan amount now considers the unit quantity.
Open Dental Mobile: View reports from a mobile device. ODMobile Menu
Treatment Plan: Taxable procedures can display tax amount. Display Fields, Treatment Plan Module
Changes by Category
- When using Blue Book, default the cursor into the Allowed column when entering claim payments. Receive Claim
- Account Module always displays Quick Procs, even if user does not have Account Procs Quick Add permission. Quick Procs, Permissions
- Allow associating treatment planned procedures with dynamic payment plans. Dynamic Payment Plan
- Payment Plan Tx Credits include Discount Plan adjustments in Rem Before amounts. Payment Plan Procedures and Credits
- Block moving credit cards with recurring charges between patients. (also backported to 20.5.39) Credit Card Manage
- Deleting a credit card now checks for duplicate tokens. (Also backported to 20.4.61 and 20.5.40) Authorize Recurring Charges
- Payment type is now required before voiding a transaction. (Also backported to 20.5.43) Payment
- Dynamic Payment Plan interest calculation now only considers the principal for completed procedures when Await procedure completion is selected. Dynamic Payment Plan
- Added a date picker dropdown to the Birthdate text box in the Edit Patient Information window. Edit Patient Information
- Merged patients are removed from superfamilies if they were placed in one. Merge Patients
- Item Info window now displays after importing files and using the Paste button. Imaging Module, Image Info
- Patient selection is cleared when switching users while in the Imaging Module. Imaging Module
Treatment Plan Module
- Use custom sheets per clinic for Treatment Plans. Sheet Def Defaults
- Allow users without the Insurance Payment Create security permission to enter insurance payment estimates on preauthorizations. (Also backported to 20.5.45) Preauthorization, Permissions
- Button for None added to definitions picker window. Definitions
- Diagnostics window shows count of hidden clinics. Diagnostics
- CareCredit shows batch Quickscreen transactions. CareCredit Transactions
- CareCredit batch and manual Quickscreen round the estimated fee to the nearest dollar. (Also backported to 20.4.60 and 20.5.38) CareCredit Setup, CareCredit Action
- New CareCredit status on the appointment right-click options. Appointments Module
- Database maintenance method for PatientMissing moved to the Tools tab. Database Maintenance
- Database maintenance method to un-delete procedures associated with income. Database Maintenance
- Database maintenance method for invalid Canadian ROT responses. (Also backported to 20.5.49) Database Maintenance
- Database maintenance methods automatically moved to Old tab when they do not need to be run again. Database Maintenance
- Procedures on appointment transfer to patient and referral letters. Static Text Field Names
- When a shutdown signal is received, users will be automatically closed out of Open Dental without warning. Miscellaneous Setup
- Added user preference to the Ignore Content checkbox for wiki search. Wiki Search
- Appointment Module net production includes TP procedure discounts when the Add daily adjustments to net production preference is checked. Production Totals, Appointments Module Preferences, TP Procedure Discount
- Procedure Code Tools now fix D code abbreviations. (Also backported to 20.5.41) Procedure Code Tools
- Emails created from the Fill Sheet window now default the From field to the logged-on user's email address. (Also backported to 20.5.41) Fill Sheet, Email Message Edit
- Insurance Plan List filters updated. (Also backported to 20.5.43) Insurance Plans
- EDS electronic statements are now batched into a single file. (Also backported to 20.5.43) Billing Defaults, Manage Module Preferences
- Commlogs are now only considered automatic if created by the OpenDentalService, eConnector, FHIR, etc. (Also backported to 20.4.62 and 20.5.45) Commlog
- Field to use either the patient's preferred name or patient's first name. (Also backported to 20.5.51) Static Text Field Names, Program Link Output File, Mass Email Templates, Email Message Edit
- Code System Import is accessible regardless of if EHR is turned on. (Also backported to 20.5.51) Importing Code Systems
- Security Admin permission required to add IP Address to Cloud Management. "Security Admin" Permission
- Open Dental Cloud permission to allow login from any location. Open Dental Cloud Sign In