CDA Digital IDs
ITRANS and ClaimStream use CDA digital IDs. For instructions see the CDA website: https://services.cda-adc.ca/Practice/Login?ReturnUrl=%2F
- Obtain your logon and password from the CDA.
- SHA1 certificates are for computers running the XP operating system.
- SHA256 certificates are for computers running a Non-XP operating system.
Below are CDA Digital ID installation instructions that we received via a CDANet letter to providers.
- Sign in to the CDA Practices Supports Services website https://services.cda-adc.ca/Practice/Login?ReturnUrl=%2F
- Click on MY CDA Digital ID.
- If linked to multiple offices, find the row with the office in question. Click Download Digital ID.
- Confirm the listed CDA Digital ID. Read the CDA Digital ID Subscriber Agreement and click the confirmation checkbox.
- Click 'Install with CDA Digital ID Installer'.
- If not already installed, install the CDA Digital ID Installer. Follow the instructions.
- Copy the 'secure code' listed on the website.
- Start the CDA Digital ID Installer software. Click Paste to paste the secure code in the window. Note: the CDA Digital ID installer software should not be run as administrator.
- Click Submit to install the CDA Digital ID and other required items.
The steps below are specifically for hygienists. There is a new process using instream. These instructions were provided to us by instream. For assistance contact the instream Canadian help desk at 1(855)521-1121.
Note: When hygienist is billing under their own IDs, set the following on the Edit Provider window.
- Check 'Is CDANet Member'.
- Enter CDHA provider number in the CDA Member ID field.
Step 1: Install Root Certificate
- Open Internet Explorer and go to http://www.instreamcanada.com.
- Click Support.
- Click instream CLAIMS .
- Click Application Files under Downloads & Links.
- Click instream ROOT Cert.
- Click Open in the dialog box.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Click Next.
- Select 'Place all certificates in the following store'.
- Click Browse.
- Select 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities' and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- If you get a Security Warning, click Yes.
- Click OK on the Import Was Sucessful message.
- Close the Certificate Information Window.
Step 2: Change Compatibility View Settings
- In Windows Internet Explorer, click Tools or the "Gear" icon (Top right corner below the Red X).
- Click Compatibility View Settings.
- Type 'continovation.com' in the Add this website box.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
Step 3 - Install Provider's Certificate
- Open Internet Explorer again and go to http://www.instreamcanada.com.
- Click Support.
- Click instream Digital Certificate.
- Click on the correct dental provider type.
- Enter your certificate information. Password is case sensitive. To find certificate information, check for an email from InstreamCanada with a password protected PDF. The password is the provider's 9-digit provider ID + office postal code in all lower case letters (no spaces between ID and postal code). If there is no email, visit CDHA Website and fill out the application form.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit to instream.
- Click Yes for all the warning prompts (3).
A message will indicate the certificate was successfully issued and installed.