Each user should have a unique password only they know. The logged on user can change their password at any time.
- Users with the 'Security Admin' permission can assign initial passwords when setting up Security User Profiles.
- To force a user to change their password they first time they use it to login, check 'Require Password Reset' in the user's Security User Profile.
- In the main menu, click File, User Password/Email, Change Password.
- Enter the current password.
- Enter the new password. Check Show to display password characters as you type instead of asterisks,
- Click OK to save.
- Password requirements are determined by settings in the Security window.
- Strong passwords must be at least 8 characters and have at least one number, one uppercase letter, and one lowercase letter.
If strong passwords require special characters, it must also contain a symbol such as $, #, >.
- If passwords do not meet requirements, you will receive a notification message.