Define Grading Scales
Dental School grading scales are attached to Evaluations to calculate a grade. To set up grading scales, the logged on user must have the Setup Permission.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Dental Schools, then Grading Scales.
- Click Add, or double click an existing grading scale to edit.
- Enter an identifying description.
- Select the type of grading scale. There are three options:
- Percentage: Assumes a 0 – 100% grading scale. Instructors will manually enter percentages when Filling Out an Evaluation.
- Weighted: Used to assign different values (e.g. points) to evaluation criteria. Instructors will manually enter values when Setting up an Evaluation.
- Pick List: Grading scale will contain a list of pick-able items (e.g. A, B, C, D, F). See step 5.
- If Pick List is the grading scale type, enter the pick list items:
b) Enter the grading item details, then click OK to save.
- Grade Showing: What shows for the student (e.g. A, B, C, D, F).
- Grade Number: The number value associated with the grade.
- Description: A description of the grade and value.
Repeat for each pick list item.
- Click OK to save the grading scale.