The Merge Referral tool can be used to merge duplicate referrals. Merging referrals permanently assigns the 'merge into' referral to all patients with the 'merge from' referral. It also removes the 'merge from' referral from the Referral list. To run this tool you must have the Referral Merge Permission.
- In the Main Menu, click Tools, Misc Tools, Merge Referrals.
- Click Change to select the referrals.
- Referral to merge into: Select the referral that will remain.
- Referral to merge from: Select the referral that will merge into the above referral.
- Click Merge.
- To confirm the merge, click Yes. If the referral names, titles, and is person/is doctor settings don't match, you will be notified and informed how many patients are assigned the 'merge from' referral.
- Click OK to proceed.
A Done message will show when the merge is complete.