Set Patient Language Options
You can customize which languages show as options on the Patient Edit window in the Language dropdown.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Miscellaneous, then Edit Languages.
- All Languages: Microsoft-supported languages.
- Custom: Add custom language options.
- Languages used by patients: The language options that show in the Language dropdown on the Patient Edit window, listed in the order they appear.
- Indicator that patient has no specified language: For EHR. This language is the indicator that patient declined to specify a language. Only Custom options can be selected. This indicator is recognized in Measure Calculations as acceptable input.
- Add languages to the list of 'Languages used by patients'. They can only be added one at a time.
- Highlight a language, then click Add.
- To add a language not in the list, enter it in the Custom text field, then click Add.
- EHR users: Specify the indicator when a patient does not specify a language.
To reorder the list, highlight a language, then click the up/down arrows to move it.
Click OK to save.
- Create a custom language and add it to the list of Languages used by patient (e.g. Declined to Specify).
- If there is only one custom option, it will be selected by default. Otherwise click the dropdown to select the indicator.