Provider Specialty definitions determine the specialty options in the Provider and Edit Referral window. Options cannot be deleted and changes may affect e-claims.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, then select Provider Specialties.
- Click Add to add a new specialty, or double-click a specialty to edit.
- Name: Enter the name of the specialty.
- Click OK to save.
On the main Definitions window, highlight a specialty, then click the up/down arrows.
Hide a Specialty
Hiding a specialty means it will no longer be visible as a selection option.
- On the main Definitions window, highlight the specialty, then click Hide.
- On the Edit Definitions window, check the Hidden box.
To show a hidden specialty, uncheck the Hidden box on the Edit Definitions window.