In the Imaging Module, click Draw.
When Draw is selected, the above toolbar will display.
Color: Click to select color for text, lines, drawings, and text background. The background color can remain transparent when Transparent is checked.
Text: Click, then click on the image where the text should display. The following window will display.
- Text: Enter the text for the image.
- Location X/Y: Displays the current X and Y position of the text. These values can be edited manually.
- Actual Size: The actual size of the font when the image is at 100%. Click Calculate Apparent to view the size of the font as it appears when the image is zoomed in or out.
- Apparent Size: The size the font appears at the current zoom level. Click Calculate Actual to view the actual size of the font.
- Text Color: Color of the text.
- Background Color: Background color for the text.
- Transparent: Check to keep the background of the text transparent.
Pen: Click to draw freehand on the image.
Line: Click to draw a line on the image. When selected, additional options display.
- Edit Points: Click, then click on the line to move it in segments. Allows line to follow curves.
- Measure: Click, then click on a line to measure it. Scale must already be set. See Calibrating Scale below.
- Scale: Click to view or set a scale. See Calibrating Scale below for additional details.
- Optional Units: Units that display on a measured line. Typically mm.
- Known Length: The known length of a line. This number is manually entered when calibrating the scale.
- Pixels: The number of pixels on a line. Automatically calculated when calibrating the scale.
- Pixels per mm: This number is populated after clicking Calculate. Determines how many pixels on the screen equals 1mm.
- Decimal Places: How many decimals a line should measure to.
Eraser: Click to open eraser tool and erase lines and text.
Change Color: Click to open the change color tool. Select lines, text, and drawings to change the color to the currently selected option.
Close: Click to close the Draw tools.
Calibrating a scale only needs to be done once as all imaging is taken with the same machine. Once calibrated, lines can be measured using the Measure tool.
- Take an image with a known length. This can be done on a test patient.
- Draw a line along the known length on the image.
- Click Set Scale, then cancel out of the window.
- Click on the line of the known length. The Image Scale window will open again with the Pixels pre-populated.
- Enter the known length in the Image Scale window, then click Calculate.
- The Pixels per mm field will populate. Take note of this number.
- Enter the Pixels per mm number on each mount template. See Mount Definitions.
When measuring a line on an image in a mount, the calculation is done automatically.
To measure a line on a single image, not within a mount, enter the scale manually.