For Canada users, claims can be submitted using the updated ITRANS 2.0 clearinghouse.
For information on ITRANS 2.0, see Question and Answers about ITRANS 2.0 from the Canadian Dental Association.
There are four steps to installing ITRANS 2.0. Users must contact Open Dental support for installation.
- Install provider certificates.
- Install the CCDWS service.
- Install ITRANS 2.0.
- Setup the ITRANS 2.0 clearinghouse in Open Dental.
- Open Dental support is required for the installation of ITRANS 2.0 and the CCDWS service. We recommend contacting support prior to installing ITRANS 2.0.
- Existing ITRANS users should contact Open Dental support for assistance transitioning to ITRANS 2.0.
Install Provider Certificates
Certificates (Digital ID's) are required to submit claims electronically.
See CDA Digital IDs for installation instructions.
Install the CCDWS Service
The CCDWS service allows claims to be submitted to Carriers on different networks.
See CCDWS Service for installation instructions.
Install ITRANS 2.0
ITRANS 2.0 includes the ITRANS Claim Director (ICD) service, which sends and receives claim and carrier information.
- Contact Open Dental support for the ITRANS 2.0 Installer.
- If prompted, select English (United States), then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Verify the installation path is pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\CDA\ICD\, then click Next.
- Enter the Service User Account (typically named CDANetUser). Then enter the password and click Next.
Note: Ensure the domain, user, and password are entered correctly or the service will not install. If not using a domain, enter the server name instead.
- Ensure the ICD folder is set to c:\ICD\ then click Next.
- Set the Time to Check for updates. 3 a.m. is the default. Then click Next.
- Keep the Networks folders in their default location. These do not need to change. Then click Next.
- Review the Input and Output file naming conventions. These do not need to change. Then click Next.
- Click Install.
- When prompted, click Finish.
- Once installation is finished, Open Dental support will edit the ICD.ini file as needed.
- Share out the ICD folder so all users have read and write permissions.
Set the ITRANS 2.0 Clearinghouse
Setup the ITRANS clearinghouse to enable ITRANS 2.0 claim submission.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Family/Insurance, Clearinghouses. Double-click the ITRANS clearinghouse.
- Change the Description to ITRANS 2.0.
- Set the Claim Export Path to \\ServerName\ICD\.
- Set the Report Path to C:\Program Files (x86)\CDA\ICD.
- Set the Launch Client Program to \\ServerName\ccd\ccdws.exe.
- Ensure Use Claim Export Path is checked.
- Set your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Option.
- Do Not Download EOBs: Do not automatically download EOBs.
- Download EOBs, Do Not Auto Receive: Automatically download EOBs, but do not automatically receive claim procedures.
- Download EOBs and Auto Receive: Automatically download EOBs and receive claim procedures using the information provided by the carrier.
- Click OK to save.
From the main E-Claims window, ensure ITRANS 2.0 is set as your default clearinghouse.