Digital ID's are certificates installed to the server that allow claim submission.
For Canada users, both ITRANS and ITRANS 2.0 require digital IDs.
Install Provider Certificates
Each dentist sending claims must have a CDA Digital ID (certificate) installed. These certificates should be installed to the server hosting ITRANS.
- Certificates must be installed to the same Windows user that ITRANS is linked to. When installing Certificates, ensure you are logged into that user.
- If the password of the Administrator Windows user changes, the certificates may become corrupt, and must be reinstalled. Some Windows updates have also caused certificate corruption in the past.
- If a password is changed, the ITRANS services must also have the password updated.
- Ensure the server date and time are set correctly prior to installing certificates. Incorrect dates or times may deem the certificates to be invalid.
- If replacing a current certificate, remove the old certificate first before proceeding.
Below are CDA Digital ID installation instructions that we received via a CDANet letter to providers.
- Sign in to the CDA Practices Supports Services website services.cda-adc.ca
- Click on MY CDA Digital ID.
- If linked to multiple offices, find the row with the office in question. Click Download Digital ID.
- Confirm the listed CDA Digital ID. Read the CDA Digital ID Subscriber Agreement and click the confirmation checkbox.
- Click Install with CDA Digital ID Installer.
- If not already installed, install the CDA Digital ID Installer. Follow the instructions.
- Copy the secure code listed on the website.
- Start the CDA Digital ID Installer software. Click Paste to paste the secure code in the window. The CDA Digital ID installer software should not be run as administrator.
- Click Submit to install the CDA Digital ID and other required items.
Note: If logged in as the owner of the practice, click the Administration tab at the top to download Digital IDs for all providers.
Hygiene offices no longer need provider certificates to send claims.
Hygiene only offices can send claims directly to TELUS using the Claimstream clearinghouse.