Digital ID's are certificates installed to the server that allow claim submission.
For Canada users, ITRANS, ITRANS 2.0, and Claimstream require digital IDs.
Install Provider Certificates
Follow the instructions below to install provider certificates.
- On your server, create a new Windows user account.
- Name this user CDANetUser.
- Create a password that you do not intend to change.
- Log into the newly created CDANetUser account.
- Install the Digital ID for each provider that will be sending claims.
- For Dentists, log into the CDA website to install certificates. See Dentists below.
- For Hygienists, log into the Instream website to install certificates. See Hyienists below.
- Once installed successfully, log off the CDANetUser and log into Windows using a system admininstor account.
- The CDANetUser account does not need to be used or accessed regularly. It is only used to be a common place to install provider certificates. If the password to the CDANetUser is changed, it will cause claims to fail.
- Ensure the server date and time are set correctly prior to installing certificates. Incorrect dates or times may deem the certificates to be invalid.
- If replacing a current certificate, remove the old certificate first before proceeding.
- Obtain your login and password from the CDA.
- SHA1 certificates are for computers running the XP operating system.
- SHA256 certificates are for computers running a Non-XP operating system.
- Also see CDANetLetter.pdf
Below are CDA Digital ID installation instructions that we received via a CDANet letter to providers.
- Sign in to the CDA Practices Supports Services website services.cda-adc.ca
- Click on MY CDA Digital ID.
- If linked to multiple offices, find the row with the office in question. Click Download Digital ID.
- Confirm the listed CDA Digital ID. Read the CDA Digital ID Subscriber Agreement and click the confirmation checkbox.
- Click Install with CDA Digital ID Installer.
- If not already installed, install the CDA Digital ID Installer. Follow the instructions.
- Copy the secure code listed on the website.
- Start the CDA Digital ID Installer software. Click Paste to paste the secure code in the window. The CDA Digital ID installer software should not be run as administrator.
- Click Submit to install the CDA Digital ID and other required items.
The steps below are specifically for hygienists. There is a new process using Instream. These instructions were provided to us by Instream. For assistance contact the Instream Canadian help desk at 1(855)521-1121.
Note: When hygienist is billing under their own IDs, set the following on the Provider
- Check Is CDANet Member.
- Enter CDHA provider number in the CDA Member ID field.
Step 1: Install Root Certificate
- Open Internet Explorer and go to www.instreamcanada.com.
- Click Support.
- Click Instream CLAIMS.
- Click Application Files under Downloads & Links.
- Click Instream ROOT Cert.
- Click Open in the dialog box.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- If you get a Security Warning, click Yes.
- Click OK on the Import Was Successful message.
- Close the Certificate Information Window.
Step 2: Change Compatibility View Settings
- In Windows Internet Explorer, click Tools or the Gear icon (Top right corner below the Red X).
- Click Compatibility View Settings.
- Type continovation.com in the Add this website box.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
Step 3: Install Provider's Certificate
- Open Internet Explorer again and go to www.instreamcanada.com.
- Click Support.
- Click Instream Digital Certificate.
- Click on the correct dental provider type.
- Enter your certificate information. Password is case sensitive. To find certificate information, check for an email from Instream Canada with a password protected PDF. The password is the provider's 9-digit provider ID + office postal code in all lower case letters (no spaces between ID and postal code). If there is no email, visit CDHA Website and fill out the application form.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit to Instream.
- Click Yes for all the warning prompts (3).
A message will indicate the certificate was successfully issued and installed.