Version 15.4 was released on 2/24/2015.
Automated appointment reminders:
eServices: New eConnector service enhances and simplifies communication between Open Dental secure servers and your office server. eConnector
Insurance: Many enhancements including automatic ERA download.
Patient Information: Set certain fields as required on the Edit Patient Information and Add Family windows. Required Fields
Patient Portal: New Images category allows patient to view documents stored in designated Images folder(s). Patient Portal: What the Patient Sees
Changes by Category
- Quickly add procedures to a patient's account (e.g. for products sold to patients like toothpaste). Quick Procs
- Option to store credit card tokens when using PayConnect. PayConnect
- Run recurring charges using PayConnect. Recurring Charges
- For X-Charge transactions, prompt patients for an electronic signature when using a credit card terminal that has signature capabilities. X-Charge
- Print receipts for X-Charge or PayConnect transactions via the Payment window. Payment Window
- New preferences for finance charge minimums. Finance/Billing Charges
- New Definitions category determines Quick Proc items and associated procedure codes. Definitions
- New display field to show procedure code abbreviation in the Account module. Display Fields
- New display field to indicate that procedures have been digitally signed. Display Fields
- Statements that use sheets optimized to print faster. Customize Statements Using Sheets
- Send automated reminders for scheduled appointments using e-mail or integrated texting.Automated Appointment Reminders
- Send automated Web Sched e-mails based on recall due dates. Web Sched Setup
- Preference to set Appointment module default view to weekly. Appointments Module Preferences
- Customize what columns show in the Family module, Recall grid. New options for Previous Date and Interval. Display Fields
- Hide or show completed planned appointments. Planned Appointments, Patient Appointments
- Appointments sent to the pinboard from the Planned Appointment Tracker are removed from the tracker. Planned Appointment Tracker
- When adding a blockout, start and stop time defaults to time selected on the Appointments schedule. Blockouts
- The fee for broken appointments defaults to the fee for procedure code D9986. Breaking Appointments
- Customize the color used for broken appointment procedures in Definitions, Account Colors. Definitions
- Confirming appointments via postcards or text messages creates an automatic note in the CommLog.
- New static fields available when designing a Routing Slip using Sheets. Sheets: Routing Slips Setup
Central Enterprise Management Tool
CPOE Radiology Orders for EHR. Enter and Approve CPOE Radiology Orders
- ADA procedure codes for x-rays are considered 'radiology' for EHR purposes.
- X-ray procedures added for a patient are automatically counted in the denominator for the CPOERadiologyOrders measure calculation.
- X-ray procedures approved by the EHR provider count in the numerator for the CPOERadiologyOrders measure calculation.
- New menu item indicates to EHR providers that approval is needed for radiology procedures.
- Providers can easily view pending radiology procedures and approve them using the Radiology appointment list (marks them as CPOE).
- Incoming e-mails attach to patients based on matching e-mail address. E-mail Inbox
- Add CC and BCC recipients. Send E-mail
- Create e-mail autographs (e.g. sender name and signature) for sent messages. Send E-mail
- Use variable fields in the subject or body of e-mail templates (e.g FName, LName, PatNum, ApptDate). E-mail Templates
- Description of e-mail template can differ from the default e-mail subject. E-mail Templates
- New eConnector service enhances and simplifies communication between Open Dental secure servers and your office server. Replaces the Listener Service. eConnector Setup
- An open port is no longer required.
- Install eConnector service from the eServices Setup window. eConnector Setup
- Patient Portal has a new Images category that displays documents stored in folders designated as 'Show in Patient Portal'. Patient Portal
Insurance and Claims
Edit Claim window.
Send Claims window. Send Claims Window
- Send Claims window is non-modal. Open other windows while sending or validating e-claims.
- Page through claim history by week.
- Validate Claims button checks claims for missing information prior to sending.
- Warnings are generated when user attempts to send a deleted or already sent claim.
- Type dropdown on Send Claims window allows extended selections.
ERAs. Electronic EOBs (ERA 835)
- View ERA button added to the Edit Claim window. Edit Claim Window
- Set ERAs to automatically download to the correct report path (if clearinghouse provides the reports). Clearinghouse Setup
- If a matching claim is not automatically found for the ERA, manually attach a matching claim.
- Carrier names show in the Send Claims, History grid.
- Patient names show in the Send Claims, History grid.
- Electronic Remittance Advice - ERA window is non-modal. It can remain open while visiting other areas of the program.
- Verify and Enter Payment window interface changes
- Set certain fields as required on the Edit Patient Information and Add Family windows. Required Fields
- Set specific conditions for required fields. Required Fields
- Medicaid State field added to Edit Patient Information window. Edit Patient Information
- Referred From field added to Edit Patient Information and Add Family windows. Referral Lists
- Validate the number of digits in a Medicaid ID by state. Required Fields
- Preference to set the default primary provider as "Select Provider" instead of defaulting to the default practice provider. Family Module Preferences
- "Email" label changed to "Email Addresses" on Edit Patient Information window. Edit Patient Information
- Illogical combinations for race/ethnicity are not allowed. Edit Patient Information
- Double click a name in the Family Members list to open the Edit Patient Information window. Family Module
- New display field to indicate the number of broken appointments in the Chart module Patient Info area. Display Fields
- Backup permission shows in audit trail.
- Complete Appointment Edit permission allows editing of completed appointments. Permissions
- UserLogOnOff permission tracks when a user clocks in and out of the timeclock.
- New permissions for Medication Merge, Provider Merge, and Referral Merge and RequiredFields.
- Insurance Payment Create or Insurance Payment Edit permission is required to access batch insurance payments (Batch Ins button in Manage module) and Send Claims window.
- Search all tasks using various parameters. Searching for Tasks
- Preference to search for patients by preferred name instead of first name. Miscellaneous Setup
- Preference to store language and region for the practice. Miscellaneous Setup
- Preference to turn on composition typing for those using IME keyboards. Miscellaneous Setup
- Preference to turn on/off automated summary of care WebMails. EHR Settings
- New list contains two-character state abbreviations that are used to validate state IDs when state information is required. State Abbreviations
- Progress indicator shows when updating, backing up databases, running check table commands, and optimizing/repairing from Database Maintenance.
- Increased text area for queries. Run a Query
- Option to disable monthly backup reminder. Security
- New command line argument (Show="SearchPatient") opens the Select Patient window. Command-line Arguments
- Refresh while typing checkbox on the Select Patient window is now a computer specific setting. Selecting Patients
- Preference to set the default setting for the refresh while typing checkbox on new workstations. Miscellaneous Setup
- Copy dental school course requirements from one semester to another. Student Requirements
- Message element sound recorder enhanced.Messaging Element Setup
- Custom ID field added to Provider Setup window for informational purposes. Providers
- Primary keys show on the Edit Clinic, Edit Provider, Edit Carrier, Edit Insurance Plan windows. Clinic Setup, Providers, Carriers, Edit Insurance Plan
- Preference to show seconds on time cards. Time Card Setup
- Enhanced interface for xml import/export of sheets. Sheet Tools: Import/Export
- New eRx users connect to the LexiComp account instead of First Data Bank. Electronic Rx Technical Details and Troubleshooting
- For e-bills using DentalXChange, select different practice and remit to addresses. E-Bills Using DentalXChange
- ODA 2016 Fee Guide. Canada Fee Schedules
- Enhancements to public health screenings. Public Health Screenings