Bridge - Patterson Imaging
Patterson is an imaging software. Website: https://www.pattersondental.com/
Our bridge only works with Patterson Imaging version 15 or newer.
Note: Patterson discontinued their Patterson Imaging software on 2/17/2017. Patterson no longer sells licenses or offers support on this product.
To activate the bridge:
- In the main menu click Setup, Program Links. Double click on 'Patterson Imaging from Patterson Dental Supply Inc.'.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings. Enter correct imaging.ini path.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under 'Add a button to these toolbars', highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the 'Text on button'.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
- The bridge matches patients based on SSN. If SSN is not present, then it matches on FirstName, LastName, BirthDate.
- If no patient is found matching those criteria, then it creates a new patient in Patterson Imaging.
- Before version 12.2.6, the patient middle initial and preferred name were sent when bridging. This was sometimes a problem because, if the middle initial or preferred name were later changed in Open Dental, then Patterson would interpret this as a new patient the next time the bridge was used. Patterson would then create a new patient. So we no longer send this information.
- The Path of file to open can vary depending on where the .exe is stored on your computer. It may be C:\Patterson Imaging\Shared Files\Imaging.exe