In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links, Appriss.
Note: Appriss is also known as Bamboo.
The Appriss PDMP (Prescription Drug Monitoring Program) bridge is for users outside of California, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Utah, and Washington. Users in those states use the PDMP Bridge instead. Users must be on support with Open Dental to use this feature.
If not yet registered for PDMP, register here: https://info.apprisshealth.com/ehrrequest
The following must be set before using the PDMP bridge:
- Providers must have a First Name, Last Name, DEA Number, and National Provider ID entered.
- Patients must have a First Name, Last Name, Birthdate, and Zip Code entered.
- The logged-on User must be associated with a provider.
- The Open Dental Service must be installed and running.
To enable the bridge, set the following information:
- Check the Enabled box.
- Double-Click into each of the Additional Properties to enter login credentials. These are issued by Bamboo and are required.
- PDMP Provider License Field: Enter the state license or the state Rx ID. If this field is left blank, the state license is used.
- Appriss Username: Username as given by Bamboo.
- Appriss Password: Password as given by Bamboo.
- Appriss FacilityID: Practice name.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under Add a button to these toolbars, highlight where to display the button.
- Change the Text on button if desired.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- If using clinics, click Hide Button for Clinics. Select which clinics the button should display on.
- Click OK.