For carriers that accept electronic attachments, Canada users can add the attachment to the claim or predetermination.
For Canada users, in a claim, click the Attachments tab, Canadian tab.
Attached Images: Lists images currently associated with the claim.
- Add: Search for a file to attach. File types accepted include TXT, DOC, DOCX, JPG, PNG, and TIF. Individual files cannot be larger than 10MB
- Existing Images: Lists images and files already saved to the Imaging Module. Select a file to send as an attachment.
- Import: Import a new image or file from the File Explorer.
- Snipping Tool: Click to launch the Windows Snipping Tool. Use the tool to snip an image on the screen.
- Paste Image: Paste an image already saved to the clipboard.
- Perio: Attach an existing Perio Chart.
- Export: Export attached files.
Send Attachments: Send attachments to the carrier.
- Send the claim or predetermination as normal, without any attachments.
- The response will return as an Acknowledgment. Attachments can not be added if the response returns an EOB or Rejection.
- Navigate to the Canadian Attachments tab.
- Add images or files as needed.
- Click Send Attachments.
Attachments can be sent immediately after receiving the Acknowledgment response, or much later if the attachments were requested by mail.
Up to 30 attachments can be sent at one time.
To utilize attachments:
- An image category must be marked as Claim Attachments in Definitions: Image Categories.
- The carrier must have a Supported Transaction Type of Attachment.