In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, Image Categories.
The Image Categories definition determines the category folders available to organize documents in the Imaging Module.
Also with this definition, set category images to show in other areas of the program and set the default category where documents are saved (e.g. saved treatment plans, statements, etc).
To add or edit category folders:
- Double-click an existing item or click Add to create a new item. The Edit Definition window will open.
- Name: Enter the category name.
- Usage: (Optional) Set the category properties by checking the boxes that apply.
- Show in Chart module: Check to show this category and the images in the Chart Module. The category will appear as an additional tab at the bottom of the Chart. Double-click a thumbnail to open the document. Only image files will have a thumbnail preview.
- Show in Patient Forms: Check to access documents in this category from the Patient Forms. Double-clicking a document in the forms window will immediately switch to the document in the Image module.
- Show in Patient Portal: Check to let patients access documents in this category from the Patient Portal Feature.
- Patient Pictures (only one): Check to use images stored in this category as the patient picture in the Family Module and on the Appointments Module.
- Statements (only one): Check to store PDF copies of all printed and emailed Statements in this category.
- Graphical Tooth Charts (only one): Check to store tooth charts saved from the Chart module in this category.
- Treatment Plans: Check to store PDF copies of printed or emailed treatment plans from the Treatment Plan Module in this category.
- Payment Plans (only one): Check to store PDF copies of printed payment plans. See Sign and Print Payment Plan in this category.
- Claim Attachments (only one): Check to store attachments from DentalXChange Attachment Service.
- Lab Cases (only one): Check to store PDF copies of Lab Slips in this category when printed, emailed, or saved as a PDF.
- Auto-Save Forms (only one): Check to automatically store a copy of completed Patient Forms, Exam Sheets, Consent Forms and Letters as an image.
- Click OK to save.
Duplicate image categories can be combined. See Merge Image Categories.